Fertiss® is a ready-to-use plug, in trays with a consistent and even soilless cutting and seed propagation media blend. Fertiss® is uniquely designed to help keep production costs low while producing healthy, vigorous young plants. These specially “wrapped” media plugs are available in a range of sizes and tray configurations to suit a wide variety of plant types. Fertiss® medium has been trialed extensively with highly successful performance on vegetative annuals and perennials, woody ornamentals, silviculture, tissue culture, and germination of seeds.
The Fertiss® media mix is composed of a special blend of long-fiber sphagnum peat moss, perlite and vermiculite that is bound by a cellulose non-woven net. As cuttings take root, the lightweight fabric allows for root penetration to the outside air. Once primary roots have penetrated the webbing into the air gap, the natural “air pruning” takes place and promotes dense secondary roots. This air pruning process helps to reduce root spiraling in the plug and speed up the establishment of plants after transplanting. The Fertiss® tray design also makes sorting and grading of rooted plugs very easy. The shape and consistency of the plugs help make potting easy, whether manually or with automatic transplanters.
Crop & Use Recommendation
Propagation of vegetative cuttings and seed of floriculture crops, nursery crops, vegetable crops, and indusrial hemp. Also works well with tissue culture material.
Features & Benefits
- Ready-to-use plugs: pre-filled in a propagation tray saves time and labor
- Easy to insert: loose, open mix makes it easy to insert cuttings
- Consistent and even media blend, pH adjusted > Promotes natural air pruning: uniquely developed trays avoid root spiraling and encourage development of dense fibrous roots system
- Ideal for slow-to-root cultivars
- High quality wetting agent to promote quick saturation and enhanced rewetting
- Easy to transplant and ship young plants
- Stacking trays do not compress the plug media
FOR ORDERS OF LARGER QUANTITIES, PLEASE CONTACT INFO@OASISGROWER.COM.
(Diam. x H)
(L X W)
|Units Per Case/Pallet|
|5325C||25CT ROUND CASE||30mm X 40mm||50cm X 8cm||60|
|5326C||26CT ROUND CASE||30mm X 40mm||52.5cm X 9.5cm||60|
|5350C||50CT ROUND CASE||40mm X 50mm||53cm X 27cm||10|
|5350LC||50CT ROUND CASE||40mm X 60mm||53cm X 27cm||10|
|5372C2||72CT SQUARE CASE||32mm X 35mm||53.5cm X 27.5cm||16|
|87-53102C||102CT HEX CASE||25mm X 40mm||53.4cm X 27cm||13|
|5305C2||105CT SQUARE CASE||30mm X 40mm||53cm X 27cm||14|
|5394||PLUG REFILL CASE||30mm X 40mm||N/A||1176|