Ethylene is a natural gas produced by plants, flowers, fruit, vegetables and a host of other organic and nonorganic matter. The negative effects of this gas have been estimated by the floriculture industry to cause up to 30% of all crop losses due to dull colors, leaf and petal drop, and aging acceleration. EthylBloc™ is a patented, EPA-approved ethylene action inhibitor designed to protect fresh-cut flowers and potted plants, as well as bedding, nursery and foliage plants, keeping them fresh during transport and storage, and reducing ethylene-related damage and loss.
Specifically formulated to be used in all stages of the floral and nursery industries, EthylBloc™ works naturally with flowers and plants by binding to their ethylenereceptor, inhibiting the negative effects . Designed for use inside the box, when dampened or mixed with buffer and water, the EthyBloc™ powder slowly dissolves, releasing a gas that ensures all the flowers or plants in the box are thoroughly protected. The smaller sized sachet offers maximum application flexibility, allowing even the smallest box shipments to be protected. Plus, it’s safe for workers and leaves no trace or residue after treatment is completed.
Crop & Use Recommendation
Best used at any point in the suppl y chain where ethylene is present: immediately after harvest, just prior to shipment, upon shipment arrival, or just prior to sale.
Features & Benefits
- Inhibits damage from ethylene
- Increases flower life up to 300 percent
- Helps eliminate leaf yellowing
- Decreases premature flower aging
- Reduces ethylene-induced flower, bud and leaf drop
- Inhibits opening and wilting of flowers caused by ethylene
- Helps reduce costly scrap
- Ideal for treating flowers and plants in air-tight spaces like flower boxes, chillers and truck or sea containers
- Nontoxic and environmentally friendly
- Easy to use with almost no labor cost
- Effective in both refrigerated and room temperature condition